Shopping Cart:
0 Item
Total:

View Cart/Checkout
View Cart/Checkout

Our Company History

Lowerys BASICS began its existence, in 1905, after the founder Sam Lowery decided to purchase from its original owner, a business which was then known as "The Bazaar". Sam changed the name to "Lowerys". In doing so, he started a family owned business which has continued up to this day and is now in its 4th generation and continues to be a family business.

The original Lowerys emporium sold a potpourri of gifts, stationery and newspapers. Before there were public libraries, Lowerys was a lending library to the communities of Port Arthur and Fort William. Subsequent to the 40's and 50's, the firm started to settle into more defined products to supply to the community. Back then, the firm sold china, gifts, and office stationery

During the mid 60's, the current president, Brian Christie, then made the decision to move the family owned business into a more specific direction: office machines and office supplies.

The early 70's brought the organization to its present location with over 15,000 square feet of space to sell and service "Everything you need". Specializing in the BASICS line of products, the company has expanded its name to Lowerys BASICS.

We're 100% Locally Owned And Operated Lowerys BASICS Thunder Bay is 100% locally owned and operated. Not only is Lowerys BASICS Thunder Bay locally operated but we also take care to ensure we get involved in the community. We have a responsibility as a successful business to be involved in making this city better, and we try to do so whenever possible with charitable donations, volunteer work, and participation in local events: we love getting involved in the community.